COVID Update 9/2
- Normal operating hours
- North: M-F 5 am - 10 pm / Sat-Sun: 7 am - 7 pm
- South: M-F 5 am - 11 pm / Sat-Sun 7 am - 9 pm
- 24/7 West facility is open for key fob holders.
- Face mask policy: In the community-wide fight against spreading COVID-19, Ames Fitness Center is highly encouraging members to wear face masks at all times, except while engaging in any moderate to high intensity exercise. This includes entering and exiting the club, locker room activity, transitioning between equipment, and before and after group fitness classes. Kids over 3 years of age are also recommended to wear masks while in the Kids Gym. Thanks for helping us maintain a safe environment for both the AFC staff and members during this ever changing time.
- All cardio equipment is 6 feet apart or closed off between each piece.
- Certain lockers are closed off to promote social distancing.
- Saunas and steam rooms are limited to 2 people per area.
- The pool is open for lap swimming. Call to reserve your lane. Details HERE.
- Group Fitness classes are up and running with a limited capacity. All classes are free, but require a reservation. Details HERE.
- Wall fans will remain off. (Ceiling fans will be on.)
- Cleaning stations will be available throughout the club to sanitize equipment prior to and after use.
- Anyone who is showing any signs of illness should not come to the facility.
- Personal training will continue for those interested. Group training is suspended for the time being.
- Social distancing recommended for members and employees in all areas of the club.
- Tennis services available.
- No loitering in the common areas.
Items subject to change.
Read Governor Reynolds' response to Ames Fitness Center's COVID efforts. CLICK HERE.