Our large nursery is bright, clean and well staffed to make sure that your children enjoy their stay at Ames Fitness Center while you enjoy your workout. Your children, ages 6 weeks - 11 years old, will love to tunnel their way through our new brightly colored play equipment. This supervised area is full of fun and adventure, including a youth basketball hoop and play structure. The imaginative play area and on-going activities and crafts ensure young children will enjoy themselves. The nursery and kids gym area is open 7 days a week for your convenience.
Hours (South and North gyms only)
Starting April 1, 2020, child care will open at 8:15 am Monday - Friday.
Monday-Thursday: 8:30 am - 1:00 pm, 4 - 8 pm
Friday: 8:30 am - 1:00 pm, 4 -7 pm
Saturday: NORTH 8:15 am - 2:00 pm SOUTH 8:15 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday: 2:00 pm - 5:15 pm
The fitness center does observe certain holidays. For your convenience, closures will be posted in advance.
Memberships for the nursery and kids' gym is in addition to your monthly fitness center membership. Discounts are available for two or more children. Members who choose not to purchase a nursery and kids' gym membership will be charged a flat fee for each visit.
Cost: $14 per child for two hours. Call or stop by membership to talk about monthly rates to save!
MASSAGE CLIENTS: FREE child care services up to two hours.
AFC child care is available for birthday party rental! Details here.
AFC Nursery and Kids Gym Policies
We look forward to getting to know you and your children! To help maintain a fun and safe environment for all children, we ask for your cooperation with the following rules:
- Our NURSERY facilities accommodate children ages newborn up to two. Once children are 2 years old AND potty-trained (out of pull-ups please), they are invited to enjoy the activities in the KIDS GYM.
- We have found that children are better able to enjoy their time here if they have full tummies and dry bottoms; please feed and change your child prior to bringing him/her to AFC. For safety reasons, no snacks are allowed in the child care area.
- For sanitary reasons, Nursery attendants cannot change diapers or wet clothes. We will come get you should your little one need a diaper change.
- Please dress your children in socks year-round. A cubby area for shoes is provided.
- We are happy to offer a wide variety of clean, fun toys for your child to enjoy! Please do not bring toys from home as we cannot be responsible for lost or broken toys.
- Please do not bring your child if he/she isn't feeling well (including fever, vomiting, diarrhea, pink eye, excessive coughing or runny nose.) If the attendant on duty feels that your child is showing any of these signs they may ask you to remove your child from our care for the day.
- We ask that you please stay in the building while your child is in our care and that a legal parent or guardian signs each child in and out of the Kids Gym and Nursery.
- Little people play hard and tire easily. For this reason we have a two hour maximum stay per child per day. A $1.00 fee per child will be charged for every minute that the 2 hour max is exceeded.
- We ask that your child please respect the attendant on duty. If we do see behavior issues, we may offer a verbal warning and/or ask your child to sit quietly for a few minutes. If the behavior persists, we may be to come get you for help.
- If aggressive or violent behavior is displayed, we have the authority to pull your child out of the Nursery or Kids Gym for a prolonged period of time.