Hours (South and North gyms only)
Monday-Thursday: 8:00 am - 1:00 pm, 4 - 8 pm
Friday: 8:00 am - 1:00 pm, 4 -7 pm
Saturday: NORTH 8:00 am - 2:00 pm SOUTH 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday: 2:00 pm - 5:15 pm
The fitness center does observe certain holidays. For your convenience, closures will be posted in advance.
Memberships for the nursery and kids' gym is in addition to your monthly fitness center membership. Discounts are available for two or more children. Members who choose not to purchase a nursery and kids' gym membership will be charged a flat fee for each visit.
Cost: $18 per child for 2 hours. Call or stop by membership to talk about monthly rates to save!
MASSAGE CLIENTS: FREE child care services up to 2 hours.
AFC Nursery and Kids Gym Policies
We look forward to getting to know you and your children! To help maintain a fun and safe environment for all children, we ask for your cooperation with the following rules:
- Each guardian will be required to fill out a health questionnaire upon entrance into the childcare area.
- Each child will have their temperature taken. If the temperature is at or above 100.4, he or she will be asked to leave.
- Each child will go directly into the bathroom to wash their hands with soap and water.
- Children are not allowed to bring in any toys or blankets from home.
- Kids are allowed to stay in the childcare area for 2 hours per day.
- Our NURSERY facilities accommodate children ages 6 week to 2 years old. Once children are 2 years old AND potty-trained (out of pull-ups please), they are invited to enjoy the activities in the KIDS GYM.
- We have found that children are better able to enjoy their time here if they have full tummies and dry bottoms; please feed and change your child prior to bringing him/her to AFC. For safety reasons, no snacks are allowed in the child care area.
- Children are allowed to bring a labeled water bottle.
- For sanitary reasons, nursery attendants cannot change diapers or wet clothes. We will come get you should your little one need a diaper change.
- Please dress your children in socks year-round. A cubby area for shoes is provided.
- We are happy to offer a wide variety of clean, fun toys for your child to enjoy! Please do not bring toys from home as we cannot be responsible for lost or broken toys.
- Please do not bring your child if he/she isn't feeling well (including fever, vomiting, diarrhea, pink eye, excessive coughing or runny nose.) If the attendant on duty feels that your child is showing any of these signs they may ask you to remove your child from our care for the day.
- We ask that you please stay in the building while your child is in our care and that a legal parent or guardian signs each child in and out of the Kids Gym and Nursery.
- A $1.00 fee per child will be charged for every minute that the 2 hour max is exceeded.
- We ask that your child please respect the attendant on duty. If we do see behavior issues, we may offer a verbal warning and/or ask your child to sit quietly for a few minutes. If the behavior persists, we may be to come get you for help.
- If aggressive or violent behavior is displayed, we have the authority to pull your child out of the Nursery or Kids Gym for a prolonged period of time.
Questions? Email Danielle at [email protected] or call 515-232-1911.
"As a new mom in a new community, the thought of leaving my children for any amount of time was scary, but I knew I needed an outlet, and I knew they needed a safe place to play & be kids. I joined Ames Fitness Center & started using the Kids Gym Daycare as a way for us both to get a little break and have fun. Little did I know when we joined, we’d be gaining lifelong friends who feel like family. The daycare providers at Ames Fitness Center are so kind & loving, and truly care for each child that comes through their door. Any mom knows that the more people to love on our kiddos, the better, and there are so many caring hearts at Ames Fitness Center Kids Gym! I now tell all the new moms I meet that they must start going to AFC & using the daycare!"
Kayla Narramore - Kane (2) Maddox (1)
"The Nursery and Kids Gym child care at Ames Fitness Center is so much more than just a daycare. All of the staff have personal relationships with the children who attend and make the kids feel so welcomed. They were so patient with my one year old who, due to COVID, wasn’t well socialized and cried every time I would leave. At every drop-off they reassured me that they had it handled and encouraged me to just keep bringing him, and after 2 weeks he was fully adjusted and had no more tears! As for my 4 year old, I practically have to beg him to leave when I pick him up. He absolutely loves the gym and staff, and looks forward to going every day. Most importantly, as a Mom, I can comfortably and confidently take some time for myself while my kids have time to play in a safe space where they’re truly cared for."
Lacey Southward - DJ (4), Dominic (1)
"We love our kids' gym! I utilize it almost every day to reset and recharge, knowing that my children are having a blast in a safe and clean environment. All of the familiar caregivers know our children by name, play with them and teach them. My kids have been going since 6 weeks old, now to almost 12! With two locations it is so convenient to pop in for a short or long time, and everyone leaves happier!"
Ashley Terrell - Henry (11), Violet (8), Louie (5), Georgia (2)